But of course we stick the caterpillar found inside the pepper cut up for dinner into a box (yes, it's a special one with air slots and a hatch etc) and proceed to feed it our daily food scraps (because after the farm tomatoes finally calmed down, we are now drowning in peppers of all spiciness levels as my lip and skin in the eyebrow corner that I just had to soak in milk to combat a capsaicin burn gotten from touching them with a finger that previously came into contact with some especially evil pepper scrap, can attest to) to see what it grows into... Doesn't everyone? Doubled in size in two days has this Mr Pepper.
But also, yes, since these harvests go from mean chillies to sweet paprikas, some of them looking undistinguishable, I do now have to wear rubber gloves when dealing with any of them. And yes, milk IS the correct first aid, since the burny chemical reacts with another found in milk and the whole thing I believe is fat soluble, so you gan actually get some of it off, while just washing with soap and water does squat all. And yes, it was critically urgent at one point to find this out.
After more years than I can recall of needing a near constant background of wall-to-wall variable music, preferably at least half of it newly discovered, recently if I get around to switching Spotify on at all, I tend to stick to playlists of old favourites. (Good thing they are just about maxing out the limits set by the company at some 8000 songs apiece, or it'd still get repetitive huh.) This of course makes discovering new music and/or keeping up with releases sort of impossible. Add to that a near total avoidance of (social) media and, lordsaveus, all manner of short-form clips, and I have absolutely no idea what's what anymore. So when despite all that I have managed to hear about a new artist, you bet they are Actually Special. So, here's a feast in the form of three people I've (finally) picked up on this year. And what comes out of these mouths is plain unreal...
Cheers,
Hedi