I now have exactly one instance of AI being useful to show. Even if I had to wrangle the f'ing thing out of lying to my face over and over again.
For the past 30 years I've occasionally recalled the very first book I read in English that got lost somewhere after I had finished with it - probably lent out so some nasty kid who never returned it. The entire time, therefore, I had no idea what the title or the author was. Today got an idea to ask the robot based on what keywords I recalled, namely: children's book, in English, Molly-Polly twin sisters characters, striped shirts and constantly arguing with eachother, sideways pony tales in opposite directions, illustrated, language-based jokes and puns, traditionally published, colourful hard cover. Aber natürlich, with complete and total certainty it claimed I could only mean one specific German series and listed the same keywords I had just given it, albeit in a nice bulleted and "expanded" list. I ask for details, it helpfully tells me "here's the cover", confirm it is correct. While showing no image whatsoever. Called out on this, it displays some book covers in German. I ask for English, again. It assures me, that, yes, it is in English. I ask for cover pictures in English, it suddenly finds that whoops, actually these books never were published in English after all. But this is still the correct book, because there are twins with the pointy pony tails on the cover illustration (of the German one). Which there were not and of which I had to inform the thing again. And so on several rounds. It's outright maddening to have to argue with a computer of all things about every single word it is blatantly lying about. But, nonetheless, eventually I did get to the correct book, so - a positive score of 0.001 to AI?
Ooh, the title rhyme I stumbled upon must have been inspired by recently rewatching old 'Allo 'Allo! episodes again. "Do you not see? That if you kill him with the pill from the till by making with it the drug in the jug, you need not light the candle with the handle on the gâteau from the château."
Cheers,
Hedi